In high temperature applications, Bradford Fibertex 820 Rockwool Australia is a durable, very high density insulation material. It is made by spinning into fine wool a molten mixture of natural rock and recycled materials like fibers that are glued together using a thermosetting resin. The material is identified by dark green / black appearance.
Features and Benefits
- Highly durable insulation product
- Designed for use at very high temperatures up to 820°C
- Cost effective high temperature insulation
- Performance is not adversely effected from contact with water
- Non combustible
- Biosoluble safe to use product
- Made from up to 40% recycled content
Fibertex 820 can be used up to 820 ° C operating temperatures such as system temperature control, energy conservation, condensation prevention, acoustic absorption treatment, and plant and equipment personnel safety. Methods usually include:
- lightweight furnace lining
- fire rated bulkheads and deck-heads
- heat exchangers
- large diameter piping
Bradford Fibertex 820 can be easily installed by attaching batts or blankets to welding pins and securing them with speed clips. It does not easily conform to curved surfaces due to the semi-rigid nature of Fibertex 820, please note. The un-faced surface of the Rockwool Batt or Blanket is to be applied to the hot surface to be insulated.