Vybar – Soundproofing for Boats – Acoustica
VyBar is a rigid marine noise barrier and vibration damping sheet specifically engineered to combat the challenging combined effects of vibrations, sound transmission and reverberation from marine engines and boat hulls. It’s great for soundproofing your boats.
A robust aluminium-faced, fire-resistant material which can last up to 20 years, VyBar® is largely unaffected by hydrolysis and has high resistance to deterioration no matter how harsh and humid the marine environment. Heat resistant up to 180° C, VyBar’s unique material construction offers high sound absorption with resilience and compression loading capability.
Use it to line partition walls and bulkheads and in engine rooms and enclosures for effective sound reduction in the critical frequency region of rigid panels such as steel, aluminium and fibreglass.
Marine regulations compliant
Tested and certified to meet marine technical requirements and resolutions, fire rated to international standards
Unlike acoustic foam, VyBar® is resistant to degradation – largely unaffected by vibration, oil, saltwater, humidity and hydrolysis
Guaranteed to perform
10-year warranty for performance peace-of-mind, Australian-made
Vybar – Soundproofing for Boats – Acoustica Key Benefits
1. High sound absorption, resilience and compression loading capability in one product
2. Specifically designed for the marine industry, but is also suited to various industrial applications
3. Available in 10mm or 20mm thickness
- Engine enclosures
- Partition walls
- Plant rooms
- Mechanical services rooms
- CSIRO tested and certified – meets the requirements for low flame spread of a bulkhead, wall and ceiling lining in accordance with IMO Resolution A.653 (16) as amended by resolution MSC 61 (67) as specified by the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974.
- In compliance with the essential requirements of the Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU, as amended by 2015/559/EU
- Service temperature -50 to 180C (no direct contact with heat source)
- Standard sheet dimensions VyBar 48F 1200 x 1200 x 10 mm/VyBar 848F 1200 x 1200 x 20 mm
- Fire rated according to AS1530.3
Soundproofing Products Australia online store sells a wide range of thermal and acoustic insulation products. We also sell Mass Loaded Vinyl, Nuwrap Pipe Lagging Insulation, Polyester Insulation, Fibertex Rockwool, Knauf Earthwool, Fletchers Pink Batts, and Bradford Acoustic Batts.
If you have any questions or require a particular delivery quotation, don’t hesitate to Contact Us! You can also get a free obligation quote. Check out other insulation supplies in Soundproofing Products Australia
For additional information about the warranty, delivery, and returns.